In this webinar, expert speakers Joy Mayer and Lynn Walsh, director and assistant director of Trusting News respectively, will address key aspects including:
- Uncovering the questions your audience has about your journalism, with a focus on dispelling misinformation.
- Constructing a comprehensive list of FAQs about your newsroom, or about democracy and elections coverage.
- Ensuring your newsroom is prepared to answer these questions in a manner that is comprehensible to your users.
- Strategically formatting these answers to enable consistent linking, thereby enhancing engagement and responsiveness.
The instructors bring to the table years of experience in journalism, teaching, and building trust in news:
- Joy Mayer (she/her) is the founder of Trusting News. She has spent two decades in newsrooms and academia, including 12 years at the Missouri School of Journalism where she pioneered an audience engagement curriculum and a community outreach team. Reach her at joy@TrustingNews.org or on Twitter @mayerjoy.
- Lynn Walsh (she/her) is an Emmy award-winning journalist with a rich background in investigative journalism at both national and local levels. A former Ethics Chair for the Society of Professional Journalists and past national president for the organization, Lynn brings her extensive experience to her role as the assistant director of Trusting News. She can be reached at lynn@TrustingNews.org or on Twitter @lwalsh.