New Media Ventures is looking to fund early-stage nonprofit organizations and for-profit companies in categories including:
- Emerging media properties & platforms with a culture-first approach;
- Community-based reporting reaching underserved or overlooked audiences;
- Innovative, idea-stage proposals and experiments leveraging media and tech;
- Organizing and advocacy groups developing impactful narratives and communication strategies; and
- Tech tools and platforms driving participation and/or measuring impact.
Opportunity offered by:
Three funding pools: Action fund 501c4 designated for supporting political action startups political grantmaking and products Education fund 501c3 earmarked for entrepreneur support Educational programs & operational costs Innovation fund…