We hope it’s obvious, and we hope you like it — we just made big changes to NewsFuel.
Here’s what’s new:
- Better focus on funding opportunities for news: NewsFuel exists primarily to make it easier for news organizations and journalists to find funding for their work. The new site offers streamlined searching and browsing of funders and opportunities.
- Quick list of opportunities with applications open: News teams working on deadline may not have time to figure out which funding opportunities are open right now. The new NewsFuel makes that easy with a quick list of current opportunities, sorted by application deadline. You can filter that list by opportunity type: grants, awards, fellowships, training opportunities and more.
- Reliable platform: The new site runs on a fast, modern, reliable site platform and hosting. We encountered a few challenges with the old platform that made it a less-than-ideal experience; this change should resolve those issues.
- Streamlined, cleaner design: We emphasized easy-to-use functionality and easy-to-read listings, whether you are on desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- Registration/login not required: Search and browse as you please — you no longer need an account, user ID or password for any NewsFuel site functionality.
As with any new website, we expect a few bugs and glitches. Please let us know if you encounter any problems, or if you have any comments or suggestions for the NewsFuel team.