The Googles News Initiative believes:
1. Quality journalism matters. The Google News Initiative strives to ensure that quality news content is recognized across our platforms, that users can readily discover it, and that news partners benefit from creating it.
2. Financial stability requires innovation. The Google News Initiative provides news partners with cutting-edge tools to help them better understand and connect with their users, improve their products, and power their technological infrastructure.
3. The digital news ecosystem should remain open. The Google News Initiative works to preserve an open digital ecosystem that balances the needs of publishers and consumers.
4. New technology presents new opportunity. The Google News Initiative helps partners respond to changing news consumption habits by experimenting with new formats, like virtual reality, and old formats, like audio.
5. Collaboration is key to our mutual success. Gone are the days when news organizations – or tech companies – can “go it alone.” The Google News Initiative partners with innovators to build a better future for news.