AHCJ has teamed up with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, with the support of the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust, for this virtual program for journalists.
A select group of journalists will be chosen to spend May 23-24 virtually interacting with CDC experts. The AHCJ-CDC Fellows will:
- hear about – with the opportunity to ask questions – the latest CDC information about the COVID-19 pandemic, including information about vaccines, research, mask-wearing, vulnerable populations and more
- learn about more public health efforts, including maternal mortality, the flu season, key health data and the latest public health updates both related to COVID-19 and beyond the current pandemic
- meet new sources on policy and research
- learn how to tap the agency’s abundant resources to produce better stories
- interact online with colleagues from across the country