AHCJ will select journalists for three partial days of online training Feb. 1-3, 2022, with experts from the National Institutes of Health to increase participants’ understanding of and ability to report accurately on complex scientific findings, provide insight into the work of cancer researchers and better localize cancer-related stories.
Session topics include:
- COVID-19 and cancer connections
- Moonshots, dream teams and wars on cancer: What’s ahead?
- Cancer evidence by the numbers
- Hands-on exercises: How to understand and communicate cancer statistics
- The world of guidelines and cancer screening
- How clinical trials work
- Using SEER and other data resources
- Storybuilding: Including patients in the equation