The effects of the climate crisis are all-encompassing. The media response to it should be as well. Coverage has improved since the Covering Climate Now global journalism collaboration was founded in 2019, but there is still much more to do.
- Hear from newsrooms that have transformed to meet the moment, and those that aspire to
- Discuss whether news outlets should be taking fossil fuel advertising dollars
- Explore how to make the climate implications of the 2024 elections, both in the US and internationally, clear to audiences
- Learn from journalists working with frontline communities; and
- Share innovative approaches to covering climate solutions and reaching audiences in fresh and resonant ways
This is a moment of historic opportunity for journalism and the climate story. Climate coverage is better than it has ever been. But so much more is needed: more energy, more creativity, more commitment. Let’s forge a powerful path forward — together.