This competitive program has transformed the careers of more than 500 people in news media and tech. It is designed for women and nonbinary journalists who directly manage people and are within their first five years of formal leadership experience.
- Travel to Poynter in sunny St. Petersburg, Florida, for six days of intensive, transformational learning
- Deeply connect with your cohort of 30 people and join an alumni group of more than 500 other leaders
- Process feedback from your boss, direct reports and peers with a Poynter coach
- Explore your personal communication styles as a manager
- Chart your unique, winding career path based on how you define success
- Accepted applicants will be placed into one of three distinct academies in 2023
- Apply during the application window: Aug. 1-Sept. 9, 2022